Dudnick Detwiler Rivin & Stikker LLP’s real estate practice spans the entire range of our clients’ needs for advice regarding real property matters. Our real estate partner, Jonathan Rivin, pulls from his years of experience on all sides of the negotiating table as he leads our savvy team of attorneys. We excel at advising regarding some more unusual deals and structures, such as joint ventures, participating loans, equity leases, ground leases, surplus public property, brownfields and land use.
We have substantial experience representing:
- financial institutions
- property managers
- pension fund advisors
- design professionals
To serve the client fully, we call on our colleagues within the firm for their tax, estate planning and trust, general business and litigation expertise, and we look outside when specialized environmental, bankruptcy, accounting or other expertise is required.
We have superior talent and expertise in the following areas:
- Purchase and sales, and tax-deferred exchanges of all income property types — agricultural, hotel, industrial, office, R&D residential, retail and warehouse
- Structuring ownership entities to fit the operational and tax needs of the client
- Leases for landlords and tenants of commercial and special purpose space, residences, agricultural land, mineral interests and underlying land
- Mortgage loans
- Development of office, R&D and residential projects
- Environmental remediation, regulatory compliance, and structuring real estate transactions to address environmental issues
- Miscellaneous operational agreements with property managers, consultants, brokers, neighbors, design professionals, construction firms, public agencies
We excel at advising regarding some more unusual deals and structures.”