Dudnick Detwiler Rivin & Stikker LLP has a commercial litigation practice that combines trial experience with the ability to resolve disputes short of trial where appropriate. We represent corporations, partnerships, limited liability entities and individuals in a full range of business disputes involving corporate, securities, partnership, employment, trade secret, unfair competition and contract issues. Bill Wilka, who has more than forty years of experience in private practice, is the partner heading our litigation services.
Our services range from pre-litigation counseling through trial and, if necessary, appeal. With extensive experience in candidly assessing the strengths and weaknesses of business disputes, we also successfully resolve cases short of trial, utilizing alternative dispute resolution methods where that best serves our client’s goals and interests.
We have particular expertise in the following areas of dispute resolution:
- Employment litigation, including wrongful termination; breach of confidentiality terms and non-competition provisions of employment agreements; and cases alleging harassment or discrimination based on race, gender, sex, or national origin
- Unfair competition, including misappropriation of trade secrets and confidential business information; fraud; interference with contract; and injunction actions
- Corporate litigation, including breach of agreements for the purchase or sale of businesses; the formation and dissolution of corporations, partnerships and limited liability entities; federal and state securities claims; and disputes over the management, control and governance of business entities
- Real property litigation, including the purchase and sale of property; land use and environmental issues; commercial lease disputes; and secured transactions
- Intellectual property litigation, including protection of rights to copyright, trademark and trade dress; and obtaining insurance coverage for alleged infringement of another party’s intellectual property rights
We successfully resolve cases short of trial, utilizing alternative dispute resolution methods where that best serves our client’s goals and interests.”