Dudnick Detwiler Rivin & Stikker LLP has an extensive business transactional and counseling practice. We offer expertise in a broad spectrum of corporate, partnership, limited liability company, joint venture and other business entity matters and transactions, including related tax strategies. We regularly assist clients in business formation and start-ups; merger, acquisition, investment and financing transactions; structuring business relationships; executive employment and incentive arrangements; intellectual property and technology transactions; negotiation and preparation of business contracts of all types; solving business problems; and serving in a “general counsel” function.
Our business practice partners, Jeffrey B. Detwiler, John J. O’Neill and Andrew H. Pontious, have comprehensive experience counseling clients of all sizes, including both public and private corporations and other business entities of all types, business owners and investors, Boards of Directors, executives, individuals, and family-owned offices.
We have specialized expertise in the following areas:
- Buying, selling and restructuring businesses
- Representing companies and investors in equity and debt financing transactions
- Representing executives and companies with employment and equity arrangements and with termination and severance packages
- Advising Boards of Directors and performing a “general counsel” function
- Contract negotiation and counseling on general business matters
- Business formation and structuring, including choice of business entities
- Representing family offices and family-owned businesses
- Securities issuances and regulatory compliance, including delisting and deregistering securities in “going private” and “going dark” transactions
- Intellectual property and technology transactions, including licensing, distribution, and employee and consultant relationships
- Counseling on copyright, trade secret, and trademark protection, including the prosecution of federal registrations of copyrights and trademarks
- Counseling professional service firms, including advertising and public relations agencies, event and media production houses, marketing firms, money managers, graphic designers, civil engineers, accountants, law firms, and other consultants in a variety of fields
- Representing scientists and other inventors in universities and research institutes with the funding and commercial exploitation of their ideas, including research collaborations with private industry, consulting agreements and licensing
We have comprehensive experience counseling clients of all sizes, including both public and private corporations and other business entities of all types, business owners and investors.”