Jeffrey T. AntonchukPartner
Jeff is a partner in the firm’s family wealth practice. He chose this area of the law before he entered law school thanks to his personal experience with a poorly drafted and implemented estate plan for his grandparents. Those circumstances motivated him to implement high quality estate plans and treat clients like family. Jeff takes pride in having been a trusts and estates attorney his entire legal career because it allows him to help his clients with wealth preservation, family harmony, and security.
Jeff is a writer and speaker for estate planning groups. When he’s not helping other families, he’s spending time with his own or going on adventures like backpacking through Central America and summiting Mount Shasta.
- Advanced wealth transfer strategies for business owners, corporate executives and high net-worth families
- Estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax planning
- Administration of trusts and estates
- Preparing federal estate tax returns
- Negotiating and drafting premarital and post-marital property agreements
- State Bar of California
- Certified Legal Specialist in the practice of Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law
- San Francisco Estate Planning Council
- Former chair of Estate Planning, Probate and Trust for the Bar Association of San Francisco
- American Bar Association
- J.D. – Golden Gate University, 1998
- B.A. – San Diego State University, 1993
- Author of “The Transfer Tax Treatment of Gifts to Minors”, 7 California Trusts and Estates Quarterly 4 (2001)
- Co-author of “GRITs, GRATs and Defective Grantor Trusts: The Best Laid Plans”, New York University 58th Institute on Federal Taxation, 2000.
- Estate Planning Alert: Status of Federal Estate Tax and GST Tax in 2010 and Beyond
- Panelist for seminars regarding estate planning, trust administration and probate, including CEB’s “Estate Planning & Administration: 21st Annual Recent Developments (2006)”.
- Former Chair of the Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Section of the Bar Association of San Francisco
- Family Wealth Practice