Tamsen L. McCrackenOf Counsel
Tamsen specializes in real estate and hospitality law, having begun her career at a local Bay Area firm before moving in-house for companies in real estate development and hospitality. In particular, she served as Senior Vice-President and General Counsel for San Francisco based Stanford Hotels, Vice-President and as Assistant General Counsel for Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants.
Tamsen enjoys her time outside the office by hiking in the country with her husband and dog as often as she can.
- Real estate acquisitions, including Drafting and negotiating letters of intent, purchase and sale agreements, conducting due diligence reviews, reviewing title matters, and overseeing escrow and closings with a particular emphasis on hospitality
- Commercial leases, including representing lessors and lessees in the negotiation and drafting of the warehouse, office, restaurant, parking, retail and ground leases
- Legal matters related to hotel and restaurant operations, including negotiation and drafting of a wide variety of agreements (for example, interactive television services, reservations systems, linen/laundry, valet parking, etc.)
- Hotel and restaurant management and franchise agreements
- Management and oversight of litigation, liquor licensing, trademark applications and employment matters
- State Bar of California
- Academy of Hospitality Industry Attorneys
- J.D. – University of San Francisco School of Law, member of McAuliffe Honor Society (top 10%), 1985
- B.A. – University of California at Santa Cruz, 1980
- Lyndon B. Johnson Congressional Intern Scholarship
- Subdivision Sales Law, published by CEB (lead co-author of 1989 and 1990 supplements)
- Panelist at Academy of Hospitality Industry Attorneys presentations
- Numerous training for hospitality managers on claims handling, innkeepers, liability, risk management, contract law, etc.
- Business Law
- Real Estate