Tamsen began her career with the San Francisco office of Miller Starr and Regalia which subsequently merged with Graham and James (now Squire Sanders and Dempsey).
Areas of Expertise:
- Real estate acquisitions: Drafting and negotiating letters of intent, purchase and sale agreements, conducting due diligence reviews, reviewing title matters, and overseeing escrow and closings with a particular emphasis on hospitality
- Commercial leases: Representing lessors and lessees in the negotiation and drafting of warehouse, office, restaurant, parking, retail and ground leases
- Construction related contracts: Representing owners in the negotiation and drafting of architect, design, general contractor and purchasing agent agreements
- Legal matters related to hotel and restaurant operations: Including negotiation and drafting of a wide variety of agreements (for example, LodgeNet television service, reservations systems, linen/laundry, valet parking, etc.)
- Hotel and Restaurant Management and Franchise Agreements.
- Management and oversight of litigation, liquor licensing, trademark applications and employment matters.
Publications and Presentations:
- Subdivision Sales Law, published by CEB (lead co-author of 1989 and 1990 supplements)
- Numerous trainings for hospitality managers on claims handling, innkeepers, liability, risk management, contract law, etc.
Affiliations and Memberships:
- State Bar of California
- Academy of Hospitality Industry Attorneys
Education and Certifications:
- J.D. – University of San Francisco School of Law, member of McAuliffe Honor Society (top 10%), 1985
- B.A. – University of California at Santa Cruz, 1980
- Lyndon B. Johnson Congressional Intern Scholarship