In fact, it was Jeff's personal experience with a poorly drafted and implemented estate plan that prompted him earn his Juris Doctorate, take the appropriate estate planning related tax courses through the LL.M. program at Golden Gate University and intern at a prestigious estate planning firm in San Francisco. Jeff takes pride in having been a trusts and estates attorney his entire legal career, the variety and complexity of his practice and in knowing that his hard work and counsel not only assist his clients with wealth preservation but also family harmony and security.
Areas of Expertise:
- Advanced wealth transfer strategies for business owners, corporate executives and high net-worth families
- Estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax planning
- Administration of trusts and estates
- Preparing federal estate tax returns
- Negotiating and drafting premarital and post-marital property agreements
Publications & Presentations:
- Author of "The Transfer Tax Treatment of Gifts to Minors", 7 California Trusts and Estates Quarterly 4 (2001)
- Co-author of "GRITs, GRATs and Defective Grantor Trusts: The Best Laid Plans", New York University 58th Institute on Federal Taxation, 2000.
- Panelist for seminars regarding estate planning, trust administration and probate, including CEB's "Estate Planning & Administration: 21st Annual Recent Developments (2006)".
Affiliations and Memberships:
- The State Bar of California
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- San Francisco Estate Planning Council
Education and Certifications:
- J.D. - Golden Gate University, 1998
- B.A. - San Diego State University, 1993
- Certified estate planning, trust and probate law specialist by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization